A full and total breakdown of yarn sizes, as well as needle sizes and hook sizes! This can help you with picking out what you like or what kind of projects you might want to do, when you're just getting started. Typically at the average yarn store you will find 3,4,and 6 yarns (the numbers are called "weights" and have nothing to do with "plys"). Occasionally places like Joann will sell sock yarn. Most small batch yarn dyers will sell sock yarn, with less focus on worsted and super bulky. [yarn from 0-7. Crochet thread, laceweight, green #1, Hobbii #2, blue #3, mustard #4, silver-green #5, black tweed #6, and blue-green multi #7.] 0 : lace weight, cobweb normally used for doilies, laces, and for tiny items like miniature sweaters and the like. Usually uses steel hooks. For a more open look you can go up as high as a 3mm. Needle size 3mm and smaller. 1: fingering, sock used for socks, baby clothes, finer ...
[This post is a guest post! Thank you to Ollie for providing this post for me to add to my blog!] Hi, I’m Damien’s partner Ollie! I’m a writer by trade, but my hobbies are embroidery and sewing doll clothes. (Tip: If you ever monetize a hobby, make sure you have one that you haven’t monetized, or you’ll have nothing to do for fun.) I’ve seen a lot of doll collectors who lament how expensive doll clothes can be, but are too scared to try sewing. And I get it! It seems intimidating, and the outlay of a sewing machine is expensive for something you aren’t sure you’re going to use; plus, there’s the ever-present fear of screwing up and wasting materials. I’m here to tell you that you can absolutely sew by hand, and that you can make cute clothes with very limited, inexpensive materials! I sew most of my doll clothes by hand because I enjoy the process, and because on a smaller scale, the machine can sometimes eat fabric. This easy skirt is one of the first things I ever...
Is this possibly the cutest ami giraffe ever? Yes. Even with it being on clearance at Walmart, I had high hopes. It comes with everything you see here, although my hook was green. Everything is present, including nice thorough instructions. Things have been a little hectic around here, 2024 has been a ride and it's not even the end of August yet. Heck it's not even the middle of August. So I think I can be forgiven for not working on this right when I bought it. This morning I figured why not give it a shot? Opened the package. The hook is 2.5mm. I can't say what the yarn is bc I took the band off but I think it's DK. The instructions start with a leg. With MC, make a Magic Ring, ch1, 9sc in ring. The first problem: The hook is rough. It doesn't glide through the yarn, and it catches and splits the yarn. So I swap for my own 2.5mm hook. It still doesn't glide through the yarn, and the yarn is splitting even more, somehow. I ...
Comments
Post a Comment